NORA LIGHTING LED FIXTURES QUALIFY FOR DEPT OF ENERGY “LIGHTING FACTS” LABELING
Nora Lighting is the industry’s latest manufacturer to qualify for the Department of Energy’s new LED “Lighting Facts” labeling. That brings the total number of manufacturers to 231.
Nora products that earned the designation include the innovative Diamond Series LED Retrofit Downlight and the Platinum Series LED Downlight, along with two Nora fixtures, the Pillar LED Track Head and the Robo LED Track / Rail Head.
Similar to nutrition labeling, Lighting Facts is an industry-wide voluntary program that documents the performance of LED products. These products include LEDs for everyday lighting purposes, such as table lamps and outdoor light fixtures, however, they do not include flashlights, nightlights, or holiday lighting.
Lighting Facts labels provide a quick data summary in five key categories to assure consumers that the LED lighting products are accurately represented. They are
- Lumens measure light output. The higher the number, the more light is emitted.
- Lumens per watt (lm/W) measures efficiency. The higher the number, the more efficient the product.
- Watts measure the energy required to light the product. The lower the wattage, the less energy is used.
- Correlated Color Temperature (CCT) measures light color. “Cool” colors have higher Kelvin temperatures (3600–5500 K); “warm” colors have lower color temperatures (2700–3000 K). Cool white light is usually better for visual tasks. Warm white light is usually better for living spaces because it casts a warmer light on skin and clothing. Color temperatures of 2700 to 3600 K are recommended for most general indoor and task lighting.
- Color Rendering Index (CRI) measures the effect of the lamp’s light spectrum on the color appearance of objects. The higher the number, the truer the appearance of the light on objects. So red looks red and orange looks orange for example. Incandescent lighting is 100 on the CRI.
Manufacturers who qualify for the distinction agree to use the label to disclose: lumens, efficacy, watts, correlated color temperature (CCT), and color rendering index (CRI) as measured by the industry standard for testing photometric performance, IES LM-79-2008.
Headquartered in Commerce, CA, Nora Lighting’s expanding line of LED products now includes: Diamond Series LED Retrofit Downlights, Platinum Series LED Downlights, LED Track and Rail Fixtures, LED Linear Lightbars, LED Puck Lights, LED Pendants, LED High-Output and RGB Color-Changing Tape Lights, LED Emergency and Exit Signs and LED Step Lights.
Nora Lighting offers energy-efficient lighting solutions for commercial, architectural, retail, hospitality, healthcare, educational and residential applications. The company is known for extensive product lines with recessed, track and rail, mini rail and multiple lighting systems and has built a solid reputation for exceptional customer service, reliable delivery and value-engineered fixtures.
Nora luminaires can be seen in professional electrical distributorships and lighting showrooms nationwide. For more information, contact Nora Lighting at 800.686.6672 or visit www.noralighting.com.