NAED Partners with ALA to Offer Lighting Courses
The National Association of Electrical Distributors has partnered with the American Lighting Association to offer a series of lighting courses to NAED members at the ALA member price.
“We are pleased to announce that we are partnering with the ALA to expand NAED’s educational offerings,” said Thomas Naber, NAED president and CEO. “With access to all of the online Lighting Associate training courses, electrical distributors will be better equipped to position themselves as a resource for information on lighting products.”
The ALA Lighting Associate courses include in-depth lighting information on newer technologies such as LED/SSL, as well courses that focus on specific types of lighting design. The courses may be purchased individually or the full package of all 10 courses may be purchased at a discounted rate.
Lighting Associate certification is available only to ALA members.
“The Lighting Associate webinar program provides indispensable training on the fundamentals of residential lighting,” said Dick Upton, CCE, ALA president and CEO. “This series is a must for anyone interested in lighting design.”
- Course 1: Fundamentals of Lighting and Electricity
- Course 2: Introduction to Light Sources
- Course 3: Introduction to Decorative Lighting
- Course 4: Introduction to Recessed Lighting
- Course 5: Introduction to Track Lighting
- Course 6: Introduction to Ceiling Fans
- Course 7: Introduction to Energy Efficient Lighting
- Course 8: Introduction to Outdoor and Landscape Lighting
- Course 9: Introduction to Dimming and Lighting Controls
- Course 10: Introduction to Kitchen and Bath Lighting
These courses can be ordered through the ALA member store.
NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. NAED’s membership operates in approximately 4400 locations internationally.
The American Lighting Association is a trade association representing the lighting industry. Its membership includes lighting, fan, and dimming control manufacturers, retail showrooms, sales representatives, and lighting designers dedicated to providing the public with the proper application of quality residential lighting.