Leviton ‘Living Green, Living Smart’ at VISION House L.A.
VISION House Los Angeles 2012, which held its public grand opening on June 10, 2012, includes a comprehensive range of sustainable solutions for smart home innovations from Leviton. VISION House L.A. is a demonstration home providing builders, remodelers, designers and consumers with essential green building information for new construction and retrofit/remodeling, and features a wide range of energy-conscious solutions. The home uses Leviton’s lighting and energy management, home automation, solar solutions and electrical vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) to create a future-forward residence.
“As consumers look to the next generation of energy efficient innovations for their homes, Leviton continues to create sustainable and intelligent solutions ranging from lighting and energy management products to residential solar power systems that pay off in time, energy and cost savings,” said Daryoush Larizadeh, Leviton’s Chief Operating Officer. “VISION House L.A. is an exciting way for Leviton to demonstrate our commitment to meeting energy management challenges, and providing smart, reliable solution-based products for greener, smarter living.”
A number of Leviton’s 25,000-plus products will be prominently featured in VISION House L.A., including:
- Solar Home Solutions: A fully engineered home solar energy solution customized specifically for the home, Leviton Solar brings all the advantages of solar energy to VISION House L.A.
- Level 2 Car Charger (Evr-Green 160) and Installation Kit: Featured in the home’s garage, Evr-Green 160 Level 2 Charger is able to charge all major automakers’ electric vehicle offerings.
- Universal Dimmers: The home features state-of-the-art Universal Dimmers, engineered to provide homeowners optimal dimming control of current and emerging incandescent, dimmable CFL and dimmable LED bulbs without sacrificing performance.
- Vizia RF +: Integrated throughout the home, the Vizia RF + devices capture the essence of “smart” lighting control with embedded Z-Wave radio frequency technology, allowing for wireless control and monitoring of all lighting, household appliances and electronics with the touch of a button.
- Occupancy Sensors: Leviton’s Occupancy Sensor switches are featured in the home to provide hands-free lighting control. The sensors provide automatic ON/OFF switching of lighting loads for enhanced convenience, security and long-term energy savings.
Located in Pacific Palisades, Calif., VISION House L.A. is a project of Green Builder Media and project partner Structure Home focusing on the CalGreen Code and emphasizing optimized performance, durability, energy efficiency, water conservation, indoor air quality, efficient systems and sustainable materials. For more information on Leviton’s involvement and products featured, visit www.leviton.com/visionhouse.
Leveraging more than a century of experience, Leviton helps customers create sustainable, intelligent environments through its electrical wiring devices, network and data center connectivity solutions, and lighting energy management systems. From switches and receptacles, to daylight harvesting controls, networking systems, and equipment for charging electric vehicles, Leviton solutions help customers achieve savings in energy, time and cost, all while enhancing safety.