Strategic Marketing Manager
Philips Lumileds Lighting | San Jose, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in Lighting, Philips is driving the switch to energy-efficient solutions. With worldwide electrical lighting using 19 per cent of all electricity, the use of energy-efficient lighting will significantly reduce energy consumption around the world and thereby cut harmful CO2 emissions. Philips provides advanced energy-efficient solutions for all segments: road lighting, office & industrial, hospitality and home. Philips is also a leader in shaping the future with exciting new lighting applications and technologies such as LED technology, which, besides energy efficiency, provides attractive benefits and endless new ‘never-before-possible’ lighting solutions.
Philips Lumileds Lighting is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-power LEDs and a pioneer in the use of solid state lighting solutions for everyday purposes including automotive vehicle lighting, traffic signals, outdoor signage, LCD monitor back light for PCs, high-volume consumer lighting products, cell phone camera flash, television backlighting, and general lighting. Lumileds is a subsidiary of Philips Lighting, the world leader in general lighting. Lumileds is headquartered in San Jose, California, with operations in The Netherlands, Malaysia, and Singapore and sales offices throughout the world.
Philips Lumileds Lighting currently has an opening for a Strategic Marketing Manager who will define and drive the company’s Product Platform strategy. Duties include but not limited to;
1. Consolidates segment market value drivers and investigates new applications and market opportunities enabled by Lumileds’ III-V material, phosphor, and packaging technology as well as externally available technologies.
2. Drives platform roadmap and final product definition through Product Creation process and manages transitions of product ownership to product management.
3. Working closely with Segment Marketing, R&D, Advanced Laboratories, and Program Management provides the marketing leadership into the Pathfinder new product platform definition process.
4. Manages customer interactions to validate market, technology & product requirements across a broad base of customers and synthesize these into product definitions.
5. Generate compelling business plans for identified product concepts, and to sell these both to customers, and internally to executives, and to Marketing and R&D peers.
6. Provides marketing leadership for key manufacturing cost-reduction initiatives that enable target application system cost-reduction.
7. Supports corporate development projects involving external products and technologies.
• BS Degree in Electronics, Optics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Materials or equivalent;
• 3 years of product development experience in advanced optoelectronics and/or lighting systems.
• 5 years product management or marketing experience
• High technology industry experience (solid state lighting, semiconductors, optoelectronics).
• Proven ability to define technology-based products offering superior value to targeted markets.
• Proven ability to effectively obtain, lead, and manage resources in a cross-functional structure.
• Extensive knowledge of Lighting applications and key segment drivers related to technical specifications.
• Excellent internal and external communication skills, including public speaking and trade publication experience.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted 5th July 2012