Regional Marketing Manager – Japan
Philips Lumileds Lighting | Japan
Business leader responsible for driving revenue growth through business development activities, deep insight into key customer and market drivers in Japan and provide LUXEON brand preference and market leadership position for Philips Lumileds within Japan.
As the world’s leader in Lighting, Philips is driving the switch to energy-efficient solutions. With worldwide electrical lighting using 19 per cent of all electricity, the use of energy-efficient lighting will significantly reduce energy consumption around the world and thereby cut harmful CO2 emissions. Philips provides advanced energy-efficient solutions for all segments: road lighting, office & industrial, hospitality and home. Philips is also a leader in shaping the future with exciting new lighting applications and technologies such as LED technology, which, besides energy efficiency, provides attractive benefits and endless new ‘never-before-possible’ lighting solutions.
Philips Lumileds Lighting is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-power LEDs and a pioneer in the use of solid state lighting solutions for everyday purposes including automotive vehicle lighting, traffic signals, outdoor signage, LCD monitor back light for PCs, high-volume consumer lighting products, cell phone camera flash, television backlighting, and general lighting. Lumileds is a subsidiary of Philips Lighting, the world leader in general lighting. Lumileds is headquartered in San Jose, California, with operations in The Netherlands, Malaysia, and Singapore and sales offices throughout the world.
For identified company targeted segments, understands complete value chain as well as market dynamics and size. In concert with global strategic marketing segment managers, tests and develops core end-to-end value propositions that map with company’s capabilities. Prioritizes regional marketing activities based on profitable revenue potential. Analyzes competitive activity and summarizes potential response options.
Creates sales pull through comprehensive understanding of industry structure, tracking potential end-user projects, developing demand for LUXEON product portfolio through entire value-chain, and mapping sales opportunities to focused Philips Lumileds customers. Provides localized sales support for all demand creation activities for targeted segments, including localized collateral development. Works with sales management to identify and prioritize strategic accounts. Provide recommendations to strategic and segment marketing managers for regional standards strategy.
Sets regional revenue and market share objectives by segment in alignment with sales organization. Personally develops key relationships at the Executive Level (up to CEO) at strategic customers and other key influencers through the value chain. Manages regional business relationships, joint marketing programs and complementary product partners. Along with global strategic marketing managers and segment marketing managers, serves as spokesperson at key industry events to evangelize LUXEON adoption and enhance company reputation as the clear market leader.
Assist Segment Managers development of annual plans including detailed 12 month revenue target and 5 year forecasts. Provide Marketing and Sales management with regular updates on strategy, progress to market objectives, and necessary support to enable accelerated growth and dominant market share.
- BS/MS Degree in Electronics, Optics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. MBA desired.
- Minimum 7 years experience in international marketing for lighting, optoelectronic or semiconductor consumer products
- Proven track record of identifying emerging market opportunities as well as defining products and strategies resulting in high-growth, high-profit businesses.
- Proven ability to take decisive action and deliver tangible results in a fast-paced cross-functional organization and highly competitive industry.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills, including public speaking experience.
- 5 years of strategic sales and channel management experience desired.
- Product development experience for optoelectronic products desired.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%.
- Must be fully fluent (speak, read & write) in English and Japanese. Fluency in other regional languages high-desirable.
Posted 5th July 2012